Tuesday, June 5, 2007

day 95 'that's it!'


since last september i have been steadily gaining weight. i dropped 10 pounds after the new year, but then i wandered away from my workouts and gained it right back and then some. urggg! i am sick of battling my weight!

that's it! i've had enough. it's time for an overhaul!

i start by bringing myself back my awareness around my food habits. i will food journal without judgement for the next week. then i will see where i need to make adjustments. ugh. i already know what i need to tweak, but this will be a good reality check for me! plus, when i have to write it down...and i mean write it ALL down, i make better choices.

for instance, today, i didn't have a real meal until 6pm!! i so wanted that hot dog that orion didn't eat and those grahm crackers that i packed for orions snack. and the cake that was served at the birthday party and the french fries on my friends plate. but i didn't. i just said enough is enough! it's time to flex the will power muscle! and i have to say, it feels pretty damn good to say no to temptations!

i know it's all about the food with me. i exercise and bike to work daily. i just need to control what i put into my mouth. i am not big on restrictions. but it's time to take it on!

i am hoping that by posting this, it will also make me more accountable. i really need to do this! please cheer me on!

1 comment: