Sunday, December 7, 2008

Printing PRO!


What a difference a PRO lab print makes. I was disappointed to learn that there are no local PRO labs here in Iowa City. I needed a small print for a sale that was made on my Etsy shop and didn't want to make an order from my NYC vendor for just one print. So I tried out University Camera in downtown Iowa City. What a disappointment! They charge more than a drugstore print, but what I got back was a drugstore quality print. The image was super contrasty and looked nothing like my original digital image that I had uploaded to their kiosk. The paper was flimsy and had no texture and made the image look flat and blah. Even though I still needed to make an order with my old lab and wait a week for the print, I was happy to wait. My clients deserve quality and I personally wouldn't settle for anything less.

No comments: