Wednesday, August 1, 2007

day 152 'crash and burn'



what a day!
it was such a roller coaster.
today i started a new freelance job with a photographer in brooklyn. on my way there, i get pulled over by the police because i was riding my bike on the sidewalk for ONE block so i could get out of traffic to park it! i have no prior bike tickets and they even called in my drivers license to check. and instead of giving me a warning, they give me a summons and a court date. that was the last straw. i have been so brave and strong through all that i have been going through, i really couldn't handle one more thing going wrong. so i have a mini-meltdown on the sidewalk after they leave and right before i start work with the photographer. working with the photographer shifted my upset, but i was supposed to end work at 5, and didn't get out of there till 6:30. i had only had a bowl of grape nuts at this point. starving! then i head home and pass by my local wine bar to say hi to my neighbor, matt who is bartending. sit down for one drink and end up talking with another girl at the bar. turns out she knows someone that needs a baby-sitter asap and the family lives in my neighborhood! she calls her and the mom just happened to be a block away and comes in to meet me. we hit it off instantly and is so overjoyed to find me! she buys me a drink and heads home. we have a formal interview sunday, but i'm pretty sure the job is mine. the hours couldn't be more perfect and she lives a block away from me! i was thrilled. now it's time to catch some zzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: